Spring is all about getting creative with veggies and kickstarting spring cleaning! I am all about using leftovers but also reimagining how to evolve a dish into something different. Yesterday’s steak brought back memories of summer but we made way too much, even with guests helping us! When thinking about how to use the steak tonight, we were feeling a salad to take a break from heavier dishes. I really enjoyed our dinner tonight and hope you enjoyed reading about it!
- 1 ½ pounds Soy Lemon Garlic Steak, cold
- 4 carrots (2 peeled and chopped 2 peeled and cut into 2-inch matchsticks)
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 piece (1½-inch) ginger, peeled and chopped coarse
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt, divided
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts (18 ounces), quartered and sliced thin
- ½ English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced thin
- 4 radishes, trimmed and sliced thin
Process chopped carrots, vinegar, water, ginger, sesame oil, and ½ teaspoon salt in blender until finely ground, about 30 seconds. With blender running, slowly add ¼ cup vegetable oil and process until smooth, about 30 seconds; set aside vinaigrette.
Toss lettuce, cucumber, radishes, carrot matchsticks, and ½ cup vinaigrette together in bowl. Divide salad among 4 plates. Slice steak thin against grain. Top salads with steak. Serve, passing remaining vinaigrette separately.